The Washington State University Extension of Clark County offers programs, classes and training in a huge variety of areas way beyond (but still including) farming and agriculture !
Just some of the programs include:
- 4-H youth,
- food safety & nutrition (including canning, freezing and home food preservation classes),
- Master Gardener Program which teach numerous classes along with outreach programs on gardening (and train up new Master Gardeners, too),
- commercial and family farm techniques (including business management, direct marketing, land stewardship),
- forestry and watershed management,
- huge annual garden vegetable and herb plant sale,
- gardening and horticulture techniques,
- …and much more!
Do you want to volunteer? Multiple programs are always looking for volunteers!
Their main offices are located at the Heritage Farm at 1919 NE 78th St
Vancouver, WA 98665.
Phone: (360) 397-6060